Karma Yoga Tribe (Work Trade)
NPYW is seeking enthusiastic, reliable and inspired students to support our growing yoga community!
Work Trade or Karma Yogi is an incredibly important, highly valued role at North Port Yoga + Wellness. No matter your time commitment, we appreciate your dedication to helping make our studio a welcoming, comfortable and nurturing environment for all who walk through our doors.
Work Trade requirements:
· Arrive 30-45 minutes prior to scheduled class time to set-up at front-desk, adjust fans and temperature in studio and straighten up lobby area
· Stay 20-30 minutes after scheduled class time to clean and close studio
Work Trade responsibilities include:
· Front Desk Staffing
· Class and retail sales (no active sales “pitch” required)
· Cleaning Studio including floors and mirrors
· Watering plants, indoor and outdoor
· Keeping the tea station and hand towels stocked
· Opening and Closing studio prior to and following teachers’ arrival/departure*
*Please honor any students who might take advantage of “quiet time” in studio space by allowing up to 15 minutes of undisturbed time after class. Once the yoga room is empty, feel free to commence closing.
Karma Yogis who work 1-2 shifts per week receive free class on the day of their scheduled shift(s).
Karma Yogis who work 3 or more shifts per week receive unlimited class “staff” status.
A shift includes AM or PM classes; length of shift varies depending on number of classes on particular day. (i.e. Monday AM is one shift; Monday PM is another.)
If you or someone you know might be interested in expanding their involvement at NPYW and joining the Karma Yoga tribe, please reach out to Studio Manager, Angel Loflin, at email@example.com or scroll below to submit a request for application.
“Seva” is a Sanskrit word meaning “selfless service” or work performed without any thought of reward or repayment. In ancient India seva is believed to help one's spiritual growth and at the same time contribute to the improvement of a community.