Join the Tribe!
200+ Hour Teacher Training and Karma Yoga/Work Trade
NPYW's 200+ Hour Teacher Training
Call for Upcoming Dates!
NPYW prides itself on a philosophy of inclusion, where students of every body type, experience level, and physical ability can participate in each class to the fullest extent, through custom modifications and the guided practice of self-awareness. Our 200+ hour teacher training certification aims to provide new teachers with the foundational skills to safely teach group and private yoga sessions,
while honoring and imparting the ancient tradition of yoga.
Typical Weekend Timeline:
Saturdays – 11:30am – 7pm (1 hour break),
two weekends with 10am start
Sundays – 12pm-7:30pm (1 hour break)
*Nine weeks includes eight weeks of curriculum followed by final exam and graduation weekend
Regular Enrollment: $3,000;
Early Bird Rate (on/before May 1st): $2,600
*Payment plans available!
Initial non-refundable deposit of $250 is required to reserve your spot. Additional payments paid in advance of the start of training will be refunded in full, minus (with the exception) of the $250 initial deposit. No refunds will be given following the start of training.
Contact Hours (180+ hours)
*NPYW exceeds Yoga Alliance standards by 50+ hours
- 100% Attendance Required (limited make-up sessions available, advance notice of absence required)
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- Teaching Methodology and Sequencing
- Anatomy & Physiology (Eastern & Western)
- Yoga Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle
- Yoga History & Literature
Non-Contact Hours (20+ hours)
*NPYW exceeds Yoga Alliance standards by 10+ hours
- Practicum hours assisting Lead Instructors in classroom
- 10 hours of Teaching Assistantship with NPY instructors
- Heart Project on the topic of student’s choosing
Be a part of NPYW’s 200-hour teacher training exploring yoga studies through philosophy, history, anatomy, asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation. NPY's course exceeds the minimum requirements recognized by Yoga Alliance and draws on various schools of thought to highlight the foundations of modern yoga. Students graduate with hands-on teaching experience.
Studio Director, Amy Osborne, M.A. applies the knowledge learned over 2 years of intensive study in Yoga Studies at Loyola Marymount University and travel to India to inform the content of this course.
Register for teacher training here!
Questions about what it means to be Yoga Alliance certified and how we exceed this criteria? See the full run down of criteria and benefits here, and/or contact
Studio Director, Amy with questions at: email@example.com
Karma Yoga Tribe (Work Trade)
NPY is seeking enthusiastic, reliable and inspired students to support our growing yoga community!
Work Trade or Karma Yogi is an incredibly important, highly valued role at North Port Yoga. No matter your time commitment, we appreciate your dedication to helping make our studio a welcoming, comfortable and nurturing environment for all who walk through our doors.
Work Trade requirements:
· Arrive 45-60 minutes prior to scheduled class time to set-upat front-desk, adjust fans and temperature in studio and straighten up lobby area
· Stay 20-30 minutes after scheduled class time to clean and close studio
Work Trade responsibilities include:
· Front Desk Staffing
· Class and retail sales (no active sales “pitch” required)
· Cleaning Studio including floors and mirrors
· Watering plants daily, indoor and outdoor
· Preparing tea for students before/after class
· Opening and Closing studio prior to and following teachers’ arrival/departure*
*Please honor any students who might take advantage of “quiet time” in studio space by allowing up to 15 minutes of undisturbed time after class. Once the yoga room is empty, feel free to commence closing.
Karma Yogis who work 1-2 shifts per week receive free class on the day of their scheduled shift(s).
Karma Yogis who work 3 or more shifts per week receive unlimited class “staff” status.
A shift includes AM or PM classes; length of shift varies depending on number of classes on particular day. (i.e. Monday AM is one shift; Monday PM is another.)
If you or someone you know might be interested in expanding their involvement at North Port Yoga and joining the Karma Yoga tribe, please reach out to Studio Director, Amy Osborne, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Seva” is a Sanskrit word meaning “selfless service” or work performed without any thought of reward or repayment. In ancient India seva is believed to help one's spiritual growth and at the same time contribute to the improvement of a community.